Event Date: July 30, 2022
Event Location: Goose and Gander Farm, Carnation, WA
Event description: The Snoqualmie Valley Preservation Alliance (SVPA) Taste of the Valley Farm Dinner and Benefit Auction is the largest on-farm dinner in the greater Seattle area. The SVPA brings together first-class chefs and beverage makers from around the region. The dinner features approximately 15 restaurants serving up “Tastes” made from Snoqualmie Valley products, such as meat, vegetables, fruits, eggs and honey, grown and raised by Snoqualmie Valley farmers. In conjunction with the dinner is a silent auction and a live auction closes the night. The 2022 event will be the 12th annual Taste of the Valley. The event has grown from a modest event to approximately $150,000 in revenue and about 300 people.
About the SVPA
The SVPA is a community-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to the preservation of a Pacific Northwest regional treasure, the Snoqualmie Valley. The Snoqualmie Valley is comprised of over 440,000 acres of forests, farms, and small cities, all within an hour’s drive of Seattle. As the urban centers expand rapidly, the rural counterpoint, the environmental and economic viability of the Valley are put under great pressure. Since forming in 2010, the Snoqualmie Valley Preservation Alliance has become a steadfast, organized, reliable, and respected advocate for protection of these irreplaceable working lands. We have become a very effective force for forging productive relationships between community members, farmers, residents, tribes, and county and state officials. We have found creative solutions to shared challenges and made significant headway on some key issues central to protecting the Valley, especially in the area of flooding, development impacts, and water rights.
Taste of the Valley Event Food and Beverage Liaison
The SVPA is seeking a Food and Beverage Liaison to assist the SVPA in securing/interfacing with restaurant and beverage sponsors/providers for the Taste of the Valley Farm Dinner and Benefit Auction. The duties and responsibilities of the role include:
- Lead in securing restaurant and beverage company sponsorships (Food and Beverage providers/sponsors) including interfacing with vendors and serving as their primary event contact throughout the project
- Track and maintain information regarding Food and Beverage provisions for the event, including menus, health department permitting/inspection process, and sponsor relationship/appreciation.
- Assist Event Chair and SVPA staff with event logistics, in particular relating to planning and procuring necessary serving booth equipment for Food and Beverage providers/sponsors.
- Co-lead in attendance promotion
- Assist with benefit auction procurement, as needed, especially from participating food and beverage sponsors and dessert dash needs.
- Assist Food and Beverage providers and other event staff with set up/clean up on the day of the event (July 30, 2022).
- Assist SVPA, Event Chair, and volunteers with set up the day prior to the event and with clean up the day after the event.
Start Date, Hours, and Compensation
The desired start date for this contractor role is June 1, 2022. Hours will be flexible during weeks leading up to event, but it is estimated that roughly 160-200 hours will be spent performing the Food and Beverage Liaison duties, including coordination and interface with providers at Goose and Gander Farm on the weekend of the event (July 29-31). SVPA will pay Contractor $4,000, in two payments: $2,000 upon signing of contract agreement, and $2,000 within one week after the event on July 30, 2022.
To apply, please email letter of interest and resume to Lauren Silver at email@example.com Preference will be given to interested parties who submit their materials by May 9, 2022.
Taste of the Valley Event Volunteer Coordinator
The SVPA is seeking a Volunteer Coordinator for the Taste of the Valley event to serve in a contracted, limited-term role. Contractor will provide volunteer coordination services to the SVPA to support the 2022 Taste of the Valley Farm Dinner and Benefit Auction, including:
- work with SVPA and event chair to identify and document volunteer needs
- recruit volunteers, using leads generated by Contractor, SVPA, and event chair
- track volunteer needs and signups using web-based software, using subscription owned by SVPA
- communicate with and train volunteers
- print out badges and job descriptions, with support of event chair, to volunteers for jobs that take place during the event itself
- arrange for meals for volunteers for event day setup, evening event, Sunday post-event clean up with support of SVPA
- thank volunteers, in conjunction with SVPA
- solicit feedback from volunteers and provide brief, informal written summary to SVPA for purpose of improving process in future
Start Date, Hours, and Compensation
The desired start date for this contractor role is May 23, 2022. Hours will be flexible during weeks leading up to event, but it is estimated that 55 hours will be spent performing the volunteer coordinator duties, including performing coordination at Goose and Gander Farm on the weekend of the event, Friday – Sunday (July 29-31). SVPA will pay Contractor $1,250, in two payments: $625 upon signing of contract agreement, and $625 within one week after the event on July 30, 2022.
To apply, please email letter of interest and resume to Lauren Silver at firstname.lastname@example.org Preference will be given to interested parties who submit their materials by May 4, 2022.